Moneybagg Yo is a rapper, singer, and songwriter hailing from Memphis, Tennessee. Born Demario DeWayne White, Jr., on September 22, 1991, he is known for his unique style that blends trap music and Southern hip-hop. With his gritty lyrics and hard-hitting beats, he has become a rising star in the world of rap music. In this article, we will delve into the life and career of Moneybagg Yo, covering all you need to know about his Personal Life and Career, Musical Style and Influences, Discography, Awards and Achievements, Relationships, Net Worth,and Parents.
|Full name||Demario DeWayne White Jr.|
|Birthdate||September 22, 1991|
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, songwriter|
|Style||Trap music, Southern hip-hop|
|Children||4 sons, 4 daughters|
|Personal life||Family-oriented, extravagant lifestyle, employs a personal chef, travels with security guards|
|Religion||Converted to Islam in 2018, prays five times a day, fasts during Ramadan|
|Community involvement||Purchased land in South Memphis to develop into a community center, dirt bike paths, and a paintball course|
|Net worth||$6 million|
|Parents||Father – Demario White Sr.|
|Career highlights||Debuted in 2011 with “F U Pay Me,” released multiple mixtapes, delivered his debut studio album “Reset” in 2018, followed by his second studio album “43va Heartless” in 2019, released “Code Red” in 2020 with Blac Youngsta, and released “A Gangsta’s Pain” in 2021.|
|Musical style and influences||Gritty lyrics, hard-hitting beats, inspired by personal experiences, influenced by trap music and Southern hip-hop.|
Moneybagg Yo Personal Life
Moneybagg Yo, whose real name is Demario DeWayne White Jr., is a rapper from Memphis, Tennessee who has become a major force in the music industry in recent years. While he is known for his extravagant lifestyle and expensive taste, he is also a family man who places great importance on the well-being of his eight children.
Moneybagg Yo has four sons and four daughters, and he has been known to spoil them with luxurious items and experiences. For example, he has gifted his children with high-end jewelry and has taken them on private jets to exotic locations. He also employs a personal chef to ensure that his children have access to healthy and delicious meals.
While Moneybagg Yo is a successful musician, he is also aware of the risks that come with fame and fortune. He has been involved in public feuds with other artists and has to be mindful of his safety, even in his hometown of Memphis. As a result, he travels with a team of security guards who have military training to ensure that he and his family are safe at all times.
In February 2022, Moneybagg Yo decided to relocate from Memphis to Atlanta following the death of his friend Nuskie. The rapper felt that relocating to Atlanta would allow him to maintain a sense of peace and focus on his future. Despite moving away from Memphis, Moneybagg Yo has remained connected to his roots and has invested in local businesses in the area.
Moneybagg Yo’s personal life has also been influenced by his religion. In 2018, he converted to Islam and took his Shahada from rapper Kevin Gates. He now prays five times a day and fasts during Ramadan. Moneybagg Yo has credited Islam with helping him to quit drinking lean, a popular but dangerous concoction of cough syrup and soda that has been linked to numerous health problems.
In addition to his religious practices, Moneybagg Yo is also committed to giving back to his community. He has purchased a large plot of land in South Memphis that he plans to develop into a community center, dirt bike paths, and a paintball course. He intends to name the development after his late friend Nuskie as a tribute to his memory.
Moneybagg Yo Net Worth
Moneybagg Yo’s net worth is estimated to be around $6 million. He has earned his fortune through his successful music career and various business ventures.
Moneybagg Yo Parents
Moneybagg Yo’s mother’s name is not publicly known. However, his father’s name is Demario White, Sr.
Moneybagg Yo Career
Moneybagg Yo is an American rapper who has made a name for himself in the music industry with his unique style and hard-hitting lyrics. He began his career in 2011 with the release of his first official single “F U Pay Me” and went on to release several mixtapes over the years. His work with Yo Gotti on joint efforts like “2 Federal” and “Federal 3X” helped to increase his popularity.
In 2018, Moneybagg Yo delivered a compilation album: Moneybagg Yo Presents: NLess Ent x Bread Gang. He also released his sequel mixtape to 2017’s “Heartless”, “2 Heartless”, which featured notable guest appearances and production. In the same year, he released “Bet On Me”, a nine-track mixtape with features from YoungBoy Never Broke Again, Lil Baby, and Gunna.
Moneybagg Yo released his debut studio album “Reset” in 2018, followed by his second studio album “43va Heartless” in 2019. His third studio album “Time Served”, released in January 2020, features hit singles like “All Dat” and “U Played”, which became his first Hot 100-charting singles.
In September 2020, Moneybagg Yo and fellow rapper Blac Youngsta announced they would be releasing their respective solo albums on a shared day, but instead, they released a collaborative mixtape titled “Code Red”. Moneybagg Yo also released a remix of his hit single “Said Sum”, featuring City Girls and DaBaby, which was included on the mixtape.
Moneybagg Yo’s fourth studio album, “A Gangsta’s Pain”, was released in April 2021 and featured notable guest appearances from Kaash Paige, Big30, Future, Polo G, Lil Durk, Jhené Aiko, and Pharrell Williams. The album became his first number-one project, debuting with 110,000 units on the Billboard 200.
Moneybagg Yo’s career has been marked by a consistent output of high-quality music that has earned him a loyal fan base and critical acclaim. He has become one of the most prominent figures in the modern trap music scene, with his unique flow and ability to create catchy hooks that stay with listeners long after the songs have ended.
Moneybagg Yo Musical Style and Influences
Moneybagg Yo’s musical style is characterized by his gritty lyrics and hard-hitting beats. He draws inspiration from his personal experiences, often rapping about his struggles with poverty, violence, and street life. He cites artists like Lil Wayne, Jeezy, and Gucci Mane as his biggest influences.
Moneybagg Yo’s music has been praised for its authenticity and rawness. He has collaborated with a variety of artists, including Megan Thee Stallion, Lil Baby, and DaBaby, and has been featured on several popular songs.
Moneybagg Yo Controversises
Moneybagg Yo, a rapper from Memphis, Tennessee, has been embroiled in several controversies throughout his career:
One of the earliest incidents was his acquaintance with Lance Taylor, aka OG Boo Dirty, who has a criminal record that includes an arson charge and two attempted second-degree murder charges. In 2010, a violent altercation broke out between Yo Gotti and OG Boo Dirty outside a nightclub, resulting in six people getting shot, including an off-duty police officer. OG Boo Dirty and Yo Gotti were both arrested and charged with inciting to riot and aggravated riot, but the charges were later dropped.
Moneybagg Yo was also arrested at a CD release party in Tipton County, Tennessee, in 2016. The party was targeted by law enforcement for criminal activity, violence, and probation or parole violations. He was arrested on drug and gun charges, along with 27 other individuals. Some of those arrested were known gang members belonging to Vice Lords, Gangster Disciples, Bloods, and Crips. Charges were later dropped.
In 2017, Moneybagg Yo had a public feud with fellow rapper NBA YoungBoy after releasing a joint mixtape called “Fed Baby’s.” YoungBoy dissed Moneybagg in a video, and the two had a falling out. However, they later seemed to have resolved their differences. 1017 Label artist Ralo later got involved, dissing Moneybagg as well as labelmate Blac Youngsta. Ralo claimed that he only wanted Moneybagg’s help in connecting him to Blac Youngsta and Yo Gotti to end their own beef.
There was also controversy when Moneybagg Yo signed with CMG (Collective Music Group), a record label owned by Yo Gotti, a rapper from North Memphis. Both rappers are from different parts of Memphis, and there is a longstanding conflict between the North and South sides of the city. Moneybagg Yo is from South Memphis, while Yo Gotti is from the North.
The decision to sign with CMG was met with mixed reactions, with some accusing the rapper of abandoning his roots and others supporting his pursuit of success. In 2020, Moneybagg Yo was involved in a public feud with rapper Stupid Duke, which was believed to have started in 2018. The feud included diss tracks and social media posts, and the two rappers exchanged insults and threats. The cause of the feud remains unclear.
Moneybagg Yo Discography
Moneybagg Yo has released several successful projects throughout his career. His discography includes the following:
- Reset (2018): Released under Interscope and N-Less Entertainment labels. The album features 15 tracks and includes collaborations with J. Cole, Future, and YG.
- 43va Heartless (2019): Released under N-Less Entertainment label. The album includes 14 tracks and features collaborations with Offset, Kevin Gates, and Blac Youngsta.
- Time Served (2020): Released under N-Less Entertainment label. The album features 15 tracks and includes collaborations with Lil Baby, DaBaby, and Summer Walker.
- A Gangsta’s Pain (2021): Released under CMG, CMG Records, Interscope, and N-Less Entertainment labels. The album features 22 tracks and includes collaborations with Polo G, Kaash Paige, and BIG30.
- 2 Federal (with Yo Gotti) (2016): Released under CMG label. The mixtape includes 19 tracks and features collaborations with YFN Lucci and Blac Youngsta.
- Heartless (2017): Released under CMG Records label. The mixtape features 12 tracks and includes collaborations with Lil Durk and YFN Lucci.
- Federal 3X (2017): Released under Be Great and Polydor labels. The mixtape features 15 tracks and includes collaborations with YoungBoy Never Broke Again and Money Man.
- Fed Baby’s (with YoungBoy Never Broke Again) (2017): Released under Never Broke Again, N-Less Entertainment, and Polydor labels. The mixtape includes 14 tracks and features collaborations with NBA YoungBoy and Young Thug.
- 2 Heartless (2018): Released under Interscope, N-Less Entertainment, and Polydor labels. The mixtape includes 18 tracks and features collaborations with Lil Baby, Quavo, and BlocBoy JB.
- “All Dat” (2019): Features Megan Thee Stallion and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “U Played” (2019): Features Lil Baby and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “1 2 3” (2019): Features Blac Youngsta and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Me Vs Me” (2020): Released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Said Sum” (2020): Released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Time Today” (2021): Released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Hard for the Next” (2021): Features Future and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Wockesha” (2021): Released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Scorpio” (2021): Features DaBaby and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “See Wat I’m Sayin” (2021): Features BIG30 and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Code” (2021): Features DaBaby and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Blow” (2021): Features BIG30 and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Quickie” (2021): Released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “On Wat U On” (2021): Features BIG30 and was released under N-Less Entertainment label.
- “Scared Money” (2017): Features Yo Gotti and was released under CMG label.
- “Big 14” (2021): Features NLE Choppa and was released under Warner Records label.
Moneybagg Yo Awards and Achievements
Moneybagg Yo’s music has earned him several awards and nominations. In 2021, he won the BET Hip Hop Award for Best Collaboration for his song “Said Sum” with City Girls and DaBaby. He has also been nominated for awards like the MTV Video Music Award and the iHeartRadio Music Award.
Moneybagg Yo Relationships
Moneybagg Yo is known for being private about his personal life. However, it is known that he has eight children with different mothers. He is currently in a relationship with Ari Fletcher, with whom he has two children.
In conclusion, Moneybagg Yo has established himself as one of the most popular and successful rappers of the new generation. Despite facing some controversies throughout his career, he has managed to remain relevant and maintain a loyal fan base.
With multiple successful studio albums and mixtapes under his belt, Moneybagg Yo continues to prove himself as a versatile artist, showcasing his skills in various sub-genres of rap. With his distinctive flow and honest lyrics, he has undoubtedly cemented his place in the music industry and is sure to continue to make waves in the years to come.