Wande Coal is a popular singer and songwriter in Nigeria. He was born on October 18, 1985, in Nigeria (he is 37 years old); his birth name is Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe; and he has been one of the best Nigerian Afro musicians for over 10 years.
Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe
Black Diamond, Wande Coal
Date of Birth
October 18, 1985
2006 – Present
$2 million to $5 million
Wande Coal Biography
Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe, professionally known as Wande Coal, was born on October 18, 1985, in Lagos Island, Lagos State, Nigeria. He is the first child of Chief Ibukun Olufunto and Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe.
Wande Coal received his primary education at the Staff Nursery and Primary School in Ijanikin, Lagos, and later attended the Federal Government College in Ijanikin. He went on to study human kinetics at the University of Lagos.
Wande Coal’s career
Wande Coal started his career as a dancer and got his big break in the entertainment industry as a singer when he was signed to Don Jazzy’s Mo’ Hits Records in 2006.
He was a member of the Mo’ Hits Allstars and played a significant role in the release of their album “Curriculum Vitae (CV)”. Wande Coal’s first single from the CV album, “Ololufe,” has been regarded as one of the greatest love songs ever written by a Nigerian. He went on to release his debut album, “Mushin To Mo’Hits,” which was well-received in Nigeria, the UK, and the USA.
After a fallout between Don Jazzy and D’banj, Wande Coal joined Don Jazzy’s new record label, Mavin Records, in 2012. However, he left Mavin Records in 2013 and released a single called “Baby Face.”
Wande Coal’s Achievements
Wande Coal is regarded as one of the pacesetters in the Afrobeats music scene and has been dubbed the “town crier” due to his powerful performances.
He has recorded tracks with several Nigerian artists, including Ikechukwu, Olamide, Phyno, Davido, Naeto C, Dr. SID, D’Prince, and Wizkid.
Wande Coal Popular Songs
Wande Coal’s most popular songs include Kpe Paso, “Ololufe,” “Baby Face,” “Again,” “Come My Way,” and “Turkey Nla.”
He is also known for his contribution to D’banj’s album “Rundown/Funk You Up,” on which he appeared on tracks such as “Loke,” “Tonosibe,” and “Why Me.”
Wande Coal albums
Wande Coal has released two albums:
- Mushin to Mo’Hits
Wande Coal Awards and Nominations
- Next Rated at the Hip Hop World Awards (2008)
- Naija’s fastest rising superstar at the UNIPORT Awards (2008)
- Song of the Year at the Dynamix Youth Awards (2009)
- City People named him the “Best Rhythm and Blues Singer of the Year” (2009).
- Best Afro Hip Hop Video at the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) (2009)
- African Artiste of the Year at the Ghana Music Awards (2010)
- Artiste of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards (2010)
- Best R&B/Pop Single at the Hip Hop World Awards (2010)
- Album of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards (2010)
- Song of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards (2010)
- City People Album of the Year in 2010
- Outstanding performance in the music industry by City People in 2010
- City People named him Artist of the Year (2010).
- Wanted was nominated for “Best R&B Pop Album” at The Headies in 2016.
- Nominated for “Best Pop Single” at The Headies in 2018
- Viewer’s Choice Nominee at the 2019 Sound City MVP Awards
Wande Coal’s singles
- Bumper2Bumper (Album: Mushin 2 Mo’Hits, 2008, Produced by Don Jazzy)
- You Bad (Album: Mushin 2 Mo’Hits, 2008, Produced by Don Jazzy)
- Taboo (featuring D’Banj, Album: Mushin 2 Mo’Hits, 2008, Produced by Don Jazzy)
- Who Born The Maga (Featuring KaySwitch, Album: Mushin to Mo’Hits, 2008, Produced by Don Jazzy)
- Go Low (2011, produced by Don Jazzy)
- Been Long You Saw Me (featuring Don Jazzy, 2011; produced by Don Jazzy)
- Private Trips (2011, produced by Jay Sleek)
- See Mi Ri (Album: Solar Plexus, 2012).
- Forever (Album: Solar Plexus, 2012)
- Pretty Girls (Album: Solar Plexus, 2012)
- The Kick (featuring Don Jazzy, 2013; produced by Don Jazzy)
- Rotate (2013, produced by Don Jazzy)
- Baby Face (2013)
- My Way (album: Wanted, 2014, produced by Maleek Berry)
- Baby Hello (2014)
- Ashimapeyin (Album: Wanted, 2015, Produced by Sarz)
- Same Shit (featuring AKA, Album: Wanted, 2015, produced by Da Beat Freakz)
- Iskaba (featuring DJ Tunez, 2017; produced by Spellz)
- Ballerz (2017, produced by Maleek Berry)
- Oh No, No (2017, produced by CheekyChizzy)
- Funkeh (2017, produced by Killertunes)
- Turkey Nla (2017, produced by Spellz)
- So Mi So (2018, produced by Juls)
- Kpe Paso (2023, produced by Kel P Vibes)
Wande Cole’s videos
Some of his songs videos includes:
- Rotate (directed by Sesan, 2013)
- The Kick (Directed by Sesan, 2013)
- My Way (directed by Sesan, 2014)
- Baby Hello (directed by Sesan, 2014)
- Ashimapeyin (directed by Unlimited L.A., 2015)
- Same Shit (featuring AKA, directed by Studio Space Pictures (SSP), (2015)
- Iskaba (featuring DJ Tunez, directed by Sesan, 2017)
- Turkey Nla (Directed by Unlimited L.A., 2018)
Wande Coal’s Relationship
Wande coal is currently married to his Igbo girlfriend Chinemerem, and he has two sons.
Wande Coal net worth
Wande Coal is currently one of the most popular and richest musicians in Nigeria; he has been able to make a lot of money from his career, and his net worth is estimated at $2 million to $5 million.
Which country is Wande Coal from?
Black Diamond is a citizen of Nigeria and resides in Lagos State.
How old is Wande Coal?
Wande Coal, popularly known as “Black Diamond,” is 37 years old.
Which record label signs Wande Coal?
Wande Coal is a former member of Black Diamond, and he is currently signed to EMPIRE and his very own record label, Black Diamond.