Experiencing missing channels on your GOtv can be frustrating, but it’s just one of the many technical issues GOtv subscribers face. Alongside issues like error codes and signal problems, these disruptions can hamper your viewing experience. At tobivibes.ng, we understand your concerns, and we’re here to provide you with detailed guidance on how to fix GOtv problems.
In this comprehensive article, we will explore a wide range of troubleshooting steps to help you overcome common issues like missing channels and error codes, ensuring that you can enjoy uninterrupted viewing on your GOtv decoder.Firstly, let’s discuss the different packages of GOtv.
GOtv is a digital satellite TV service operated by Multichoice, offering viewers access to a wide range of TV channels. It was introduced to make digital TV accessible to a broader audience.
• GOtv Supa:
GOtv Supa is a package that offers an enhanced viewing experience with a variety of channels to choose from. It’s designed for those who want more entertainment options.
• GOtv Smallie:
GOtv Smallie is the most affordable package, making it perfect for those looking for a cost-effective way to access basic television channels.
• GOtv Max:
GOtv Max is a premium offering, providing subscribers with access to a comprehensive lineup of channels, including sports, movies, and more.
• GOtv Jinja:
GOtv Jinja offers unique content and possibly exclusive channels, catering to specific entertainment preferences.
• GOtv Jolli:
GOtv Jolli is known for its entertainment value, offering a variety of popular channels and programs to keep viewers engaged.
• GOtv Supa Plus:
GOtv Supa Plus is an enhanced version of GOtv Supa, possibly offering additional features and content to enhance the viewing experience.
Finding Missing Channels
One prevalent problem that GOtv users encounter is missing channels. If you’ve noticed some of your channels have mysteriously disappeared, let’s delve into a more detailed breakdown of the troubleshooting steps:
1. Reboot and rescan:
- Start by pressing the menu button.
- Navigate to Information Central and press OK.
- Locate the info button (often labeled as “i”) and press it, followed by pressing the digit 7.
- The decoder will automatically reboot and return to the FTI (First Time Installation) page.
- On this page, select Language (English), Country (Nigeria), and Antenna Power (OFF).
- The decoder will initiate a re-scan, searching for available channels.
2. Manual scanning:
- To perform a manual scan, hold your GoTV remote.
- Press the MENU button and proceed to Advanced Options.
- Select installation, then tuning.
- In the TUNING menu, opt for AUTOMATIC SCAN and press the OK button for each stage.
- During the scan, keep an eye out for the message “TV channels found.” If you see the complete number of channels (usually 57 for GOtv and 37 for GOtv-plus), your scanning was successful. If not, consider running the scan again.
3. Antenna Direction:
It’s crucial to ensure that your outdoor antenna is correctly positioned. You may need assistance from someone inside the house while adjusting the antenna’s direction to optimize signal reception.
• Confirm that your antenna is securely connected to the RF IN port and that the signal strength remains stable at or above 90%.
• Regularly check for software updates by navigating to Menu > Information Central.
• If a software upgrade is available, you can initiate the download through Menu > Advanced Options > Decoder Upgrade (look for the red button on the screen).
E017-0, E48-32, and E016 Error: Decoder Not Enabled for Channel
Encountering error codes like E017-0, E48-32, or E016 can be frustrating. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to address these issues:
• Restart the Decoder:
Begin by turning off your GOtv decoder and then turning it back on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve these errors.
• SMS Reset:
If the error persists, you can send an SMS with the format “RESET IUC number” to 4688. Replace “IUC number” with your actual number (e.g., 2018996383).
• Online Clearing:
For online clearing, visit http://eazy.gotvafrica.com/?country=Nigeria. On the right-hand side, you’ll find the option to clear the error code. Enter your IUC number, select GoTVE16, and click on Clear Error. Afterward, press OK to display the signal information, and if there’s no signal on Channel 23, try Channels 24, 27, and 46. If none of them have a signal, consider performing a re-scan.
Missing Channel 29 on my GoTV
The absence of Channel 29 on your TV can be perplexing. Here’s an extensive guide to help you address this issue:
• GOtv App:
Start by logging into your GOtv App, where you can often find options to clear errors and refresh your channel list.
• Manual Scan: Navigate to your decoder’s menu by selecting Menu > Advanced Options > Installation > Automatic Scan. Press OK to initiate the scan.
• Use USSD:
Dial *288*1# from your mobile phone to clear codes associated with your decoder.
• Reset Your GOtv:
Access the Menu Button on your remote and navigate to Installation. There, you may find an option to reset your decoder, which could bring Channel 29 back.
• Disable Parental Control:
If you’re still having trouble, consider disabling parental control. You can access this feature by going to MENU > Scroll to Parental Controls > OK/Select to enable or disable.
• Contact GOtv Support:
If all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to GOtv’s customer support. They can provide specific guidance tailored to your situation. You can contact them via phone at +2348039044688 or through email at GOtvNigeria@multichoice.co.za or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, GOtv is active on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. From our experience, Twitter is often the quickest way to reach them.
How to Clear GOtv Error Codes
To clear error codes on GOtv, you can use your mobile phone to dial *288*1# and respond with the correct details as required by the system. As a bonus, you can also clear error codes on DStv by dialing *288*2#. These shortcodes are incredibly useful for resolving common errors like E16, E17, and E30 on DStv.
In addition to the methods mentioned above, you can contact GOtv support via email at Kenya@gotv.co.za and GOtv.Nigeria@ng.multichoice.com.
Navigating the world of GOTV can sometimes be tricky when faced with technical glitches. However, armed with the knowledge and comprehensive troubleshooting steps provided in this guide, you can tackle common GOTV problems with confidence. Remember, if you ever find yourself stuck, GOtv’s customer support is just a call, email, or tweet away. Enjoy uninterrupted viewing on your GOTV.